Summer is almost here, I know many families are looking forward to traveling for the first time since the pandemic started. Where are you headed?
While relaxing it is also important to not lose track of your goals. It is a great chance to advance your son or daughter’s coding knowledge, even if you think your they have outgrown traditional camps or your schedule doesn’t allow for a traditional weekly class.
Sign ups are officially open for the Breakout Mentors Summer Deep Dives. These are personalized mentoring sessions that are 1-on-1 or even with a friend, kind of like creating your own summer camp. This allows us to challenge each student at the perfect level and fully explore their interests.
Personalized Track Options
Breakout Mentors has a talented team of collegiate Computer Science students who make learning fun across a wide range of student ages, skill sets, and interests. Our Deep Dive tracks are completely personalized to the individual student, but they broadly fall into these categories:
- Scratch Drag-and-Drop Coding — 8-11 year-olds just starting their coding journey by creating fun games
- Python Mastering the Fundamentals — Any age with the goal of learning to code effectively and independently through making games and projects
- Python Starting Computer Science — Any age with the goal of bringing more abstract and powerful concepts into the projects
- Java AP Computer Science A Prep — For high schoolers entering AP CS A class in the fall or self-studying for the exam
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence — For high schoolers to learn about data and make exciting real world projects (advanced middle schoolers may apply) JOIN THE WEBINAR APRIL 20
- USACO Competitive Programming — For high schoolers interested in competing in USACO at Bronze, Silver, or Gold levels (advanced middle schoolers may apply) JOIN THE WEBINAR APRIL 16
We also have expertise in other languages including beginner web development. Contact us with any special requests.
Scheduling That Works For You
It is tough for parents to juggle schedules these days. Our mentoring is online so can be done from the comfort of your home, plus set at whatever time works for you!
The Deep Dives are 15 hours for $1800 (or $1000 each if learning with a friend). Typically they are two or three 90 minute sessions per week. A two session per week schedule is usually Tuesdays and Thursdays. Three sessions per week schedule is usually on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. It can be concentrated into a couple of weeks doing 3 hours per day for 1 week or 90 minutes a day for 2 weeks.
The best part: we can work around the weeks you are unavailable!
Keep Going Long-Term
The biggest problem with trying to learn from a summer camp? It ends and students quick forget everything they learned.
With Breakout Mentors you have the option to extend the summer Deep Dive with the same mentor ($150 per 90 minute session). And it also is easy to transition to a year-round mentor at a greatly reduced rate.
Continue to build upon the success of the summer, retain the knowledge, and keep learning!
Sign Up Today
The scheduling is based on a first come first serve basis. So the earlier you sign up, the more weeks and times available. There is a $500 deposit to reserve the time, then the balance is due the week before starting. Please fill out this form with your preferences.
Breakout Mentors is highly personalized though, so please contact us with any questions. We like to jump on the phone with all potential students or parents to really understand your specific situation.