Breakout Mentors is looking for full-time and part-time USACO Mentors this summer to teach and inspire impressive high school students! This is a fully remote position.
The Breakout Mentors USACO Story
At Breakout Mentors, we’re re-imagining USACO education to make it more personalized: the majority of our students meet their mentor 1-on-1 to master the thinking and problem solving skills required. There are plenty of competitive programming resources out there that can cover a list of concepts. They only do that — teach the material. The result is students learn these amazing topics, but don’t know how to implement them or use them to solve problems. You can help these students advance!
The Breakout Mentors USACO Education team is responsible for teaching our students and helping them advance. You will be responsible for mentoring a carefully selected group of our USACO students throughout the summer over 1-on-1 90-minute to 3-hour video conference sessions. By the end of the program, your students should possess a knowledge of the algorithms and data structures, but also a deeper understanding of the problem solving and how to practice to advance levels. The full-time position will also have other roles beyond mentoring, for example creating curriculum or showcasing success stories.
Who are you
- Experienced USACO competitor who reached Gold or Platinum.
- Passionate about helping others learn USACO.
- Effective communicator.
- Summer 2021 program dates are flexible.
- Full-time USACO intern schedule is 40 hours/week; part-time is 15-20 hours/week.
- Fully remote/virtual internship working on Pacific time zone.
- Well paid position.
- Flexible hours for part-time role, can be mornings or afternoons working around your class schedule.
Why you should apply
- Sharpen your understanding of algorithms and data structures through teaching the material.
- Learn the art of communicating technical concepts effectively.
- Make an impact on the lives of several high school students.
If you are interested in learning more, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.